The modern-day marketer is often faced with several obstructions that he or she must overcome. They are given tasks that need to be done for the welfare of their firms.
When we are enjoying our vacations with our families, they remain busy plotting and planning agendas and ways to achieve them, as holidays mean that one of the most commercial times of the year is knocking on the door.
Seasonal marketing is pivot points for every eCommerce retailers. They need to be well aware not only of the aims that they set but also the way they desire to achieve them and what tools they must make use of. They hence must carefully study the customer needs and desires and provide in ways that would bring recognition to the brands.
The seasonal shopping times are the most important. Again, with passing years, more and more people feel the desire to own customized experiences for themselves. Even if that requires them to divulge some data for the users and customers, there now slowly yet steadily is rising in the market a need for personalized products.
Personalized experiences for the customers:
With time, customers are getting more and more interested in experiencing personalized products. The marketers must keep this in mind and produce them with desired services. Ecommerce retailers, especially need to keep track of how the demands of the public change and keep track of it.
Marketing is all about keeping up with the mass and their changing needs. To experience a more easy lifestyle, people are now ready to even divulge some of their information, provided of course the information is not in any way misused. That guarantee, too, is provided.
Now, according to a survey by an agency, more than a population of 70% admitted that personalized services would be preferred above others. They wanted the brands to be more involved, keep track of their earlier purchases to be able to recommend them with further purchases neatly calculated from the pattern of their previous buys.
They are, of course, concerned as to what information is taken and how they are used, but no complaints regarding the same have yet surfaced.
Key stats from the survey conducted by the agency:
- Above 79% of the consumers in the US and above 70% of the consumers in the UK, desire personalized services from brands they have already shopped from earlier.
- Above 50% of the United States-based consumers hoped that the eCommerce websites would remember the past purchases they had made to provide desirable recommendations. The math was the same in the UK a well.
- When asked, the consumers revealed that personalized experiences via emails that recommend desirable discounts and offers to keep in mind the earlier purchases would be the most efficient and useful of all the ways thought of or tried till yet.
- Consumers in the US were generally more likely to expect online retailers to personalize experiences than those in the UK. For example, whereas half of Americans said they would like to receive a new customer welcome greeting, only 34 percent of UK consumers agreed.
- The group of consumers who fell in the age group of between about eighteen to around middle age, revealed, however, that they like almost every other form of personalization in the services. They do not mind providing information either but keeping track of how and where the data is being used. There always are legal actions when things go wrong.
- Even though most people prefer mail-based personalization, there is a population that would instead go along with a web-based retargeting as well. Around 50-60% of the US and UK consumers feel the former would be the better approach, while the later attracts about 15-25% of the consumer population of the US and the UK.
What is personalization?
This would be a critical and yet an interesting question. In a literal sense, personalization would mean customizing a particular action or good in a certain way. However, in marketing work, this would seem like a tricky concept.
Even though the primary meaning of the word remains intact, the extent of it varies from person to person. Some consumers like personalized emails, while some like web advertisements, whole yet others dislike the very concept of popups.
Whatever be the statistics and problems, however, marketers are known to have overcome them. And it would not be late before they have come up with spatter to follow up their goods and services according to the needs desires of their customers. It is a critical job, but with a little bit of foresight and insight and analysis of the existing social masses, the aim could soon be achieved.